Your child will be participating in physical education classes this school year. The majority of the P.E. activities are conducted outdoors. Please remind your child to wear appropriate shoes and clothing on his/her assigned day.
Monday - Leslie, Chavez, Robeson
Tuesday - Weinberg, Travis, Campbell
Wednesday - Barnhill, Mauzy, Kosmider
Thursday - Escareno, Teran, Clay
Friday - Wright, Gutierrez, Smith, Rice
PHILOSOPHY OF PROGRAM
The Johnston School P.E. Program is designed to meet the Arizona State Standards for Physical Education in grades K - 2. Activities are planned with the following objectives in mind:
- Development of coordination, skills, cardiovascular endurance, and fitness
- Cooperative learning (teamwork, sharing, peer tutoring)
- Enjoyable activities
- Inclusion of all students
- Safe and positive learning environment
- Promotion of active lifestyle
Linking fun and good health to physical activity is essential. While we all know the health aspects are important, keeping the fun in physical activity and sports is what keeps kids moving—and will hopefully translate positive behaviors into lifetime habits.